Often patients wonder if they are a good candidate for dental implants, what is a dental implant, or the cost of dental implants. And we have covered every aspect in our blog, but implants are not the only solution to missing teeth and it may not make sense for you. The Quiz below can bring a bit more clarity about how much sense does this treatment makes for you.
Quick Quiz: Do dental implants make sense for you?
- Do you have one or more missing teeth?
- Do you have a bridge that needs to be replaced?
- Do your dentures affect your quality of life by slipping, clicking or keeping you from eating what you want?
- Do you have bite problems or pain because of a missing tooth?
- Do you want a treatment option for missing teeth that provides a permanent, long-term solution?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, dental implants are worth exploring.
Dental implants have many advantages when you compare them to their alternatives, but durability I would say is the most important one. Here’s four amazing advantages of having a dental implant treatment done:
- You’ll look and feel amazing. Dental implants feel, look, fit and function like healthy, natural teeth. They’re so comfortable you don’t have to think about them. You brush and floss them just like you do your natural teeth – no need to remove them for cleaning. They also help you retain your natural face shape and smile.
- Durability. Dental implants that are properly cared for can last many decades. Many other options, including certain types of dental bridges and dentures, may need to be replaced as often as every 5 to 10 years, requiring a more significant investment of time and money.
- They give you confidence. Your dental implants will be secure, so they won’t slip or click when you talk, eat or laugh. You’ll also find that your speech is more natural. With dental implants, you’ll have the peace of mind to eat what you love, say what you want to say, be as active as you want and smile broadly.
- They protect your smile from the inside out! Leaving empty spaces in your mouth after losing one or more teeth can lead to health issues such as jawbone deterioration. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that actually helps stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss. Getting dental implants as soon as possible after losing a tooth helps prevent bone loss at the site. Also, dental implants don’t require grinding down adjacent teeth to anchor bridges or attach partial dentures.
Ready to know more about dental implant treatment and if they are the right choice for you? Give us a call and a treatment specialist will discuss your case with you and provide you with a customized treatment plan.
☏ (305) 676-0008
Source: American Academy of Implant Dentistry